Meowdemeow Knitting

Friday, January 19, 2007

We're from California. We can do whatever we want.

And that includes blogging about the December holidays in mid-January (okay--it's too late to even say mid-January, isn't it?). My goal this weekend is to actually get my holiday cards sent. Let' s see if that happens.

So, on to actual content. David, Thomas, Greta, and I drove to New Mexico for Christmas this year to see my parents. We left after work on a Friday, and traffic until almost Barstow was awful. (40 miles in 2 hours!) We made it to Kingman, AZ and stayed at a Motel 6. Now, here's where the title of this post comes from. There were some really loud, obnoxious people who kept us up until past 1:30 because, well, they were from California and they could do whatever they wanted. (Seriously. David heard one of the girls say this as she was shreaking about a beer run: "I'm from California. I can do whatever I want." So, that's become our new favorite phrase. Except it doesn't work so well when you're in California, surrounded by other Californians. Then it would be chaos, right? Anyway, here's Greta at said Motel 6 (couldn't they have slightly thicker walls? My god!) sniffing around and looking glowy.

The next day we made a brief stop in Seligman, AZ, home of the Snow Cap. Sadly, I've never actually been there when the Snow Cap was open, but it's still really neat looking. This sign was on the side.

And here I am in front. If you ever find yourself between California and New Mexico, I recommend that you drive through Seligman, if only to see what it must have been like driving Route 66 back in the day.


Fast forward past Christmas. Now we're on our way home (750+ miles all in one day). Here's a sunset just near the AZ/CA border. David did a great job of capturing this as we were traveling at 70 (or more) miles/hour.
And, finally, here's Thomas looking out into the night. I like the composition of this picture (again, thanks to David).


Next, Christmas, family and friends...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger a desert rat... said...

I guess Greta couldn't fit in the picture frame, right? Sorry,I had to take that opportunity! Your knitting looks great!

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home