Meowdemeow Knitting

Friday, October 27, 2006

One quick post

We had a wonderful time at Church of Craft on October 22nd. Just a news flash for you out there in blog land: the next C of C meeting will be on November 12th at Sugarbutterbex in Highland Park (just up the street from me--hooray!). Thanks to Becca for making this possible.
And now, on to some pictures.


Here's Shele modeling one of the beautiful necklaces she made that afternoon. I'm very impressed that she made two whole pieces of jewelry while I only finished a few rows on the bag (see below)!
Here's Joyce with another of her creations (and a yummy looking iced chai).
Lorelle was working on a knitted scarf, I think. We talked about the dangers and joys of knitting with monkey fur (note--not real monkey fur) yarn. It's so slippery and tangles easily, but it's incredibly soft. I made a scarf for David's Aunt Susie one year. I was almost in tears with all those blasted tangles.
And here's Sonya working on a cute tank top for a friend's baby. Turns out she works in a business school, too. It's weird how crafts and business can go together.
And, finally, here's the dreaded laptop bag laying on my office floor near the trusty printer. It's not quite the required 50 inches, but it's close. I like it, but I'm very sick of knitting it. I sure hope my parents like it and will actually use it once it's finished and felted.

Soon to come--pictures from our volunteer work weekend and from Dia de los Muertos in the park.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I havne't been very good at reading blogs lately. Cool stuff, sounds like fun ^_^

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I havne't been very good at reading blogs lately. Cool stuff, sounds like fun ^_^

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home