Meowdemeow Knitting

Thursday, December 14, 2006

My Stint as a Knitster on Knitty Gritty

You can tell that things have been a bit hectic around here, can't you? So, I'm finally getting around to blogging about my big TV debut as a Knitster on a wedding themed episode of the DIY show Knitty Gritty. I did this a couple of weeks ago and managed to show just about everyone I know some picures--except you, dear blog readers. Anyway, they were taping three separate Knitty Gritty shows that day and preparing for some more the next day, so there were tons of knitters around. I got there at 8:30 and didn't leave until 5:00. I'm glad I took the whole day off from work! We spent much of the morning waiting around on some couches and then in the Green Room. I was there with my fellow Knitsters Anne and Aubrey who both live in the OC. Aubrey's getting married next year, and Anne is going to be in the wedding, so it was fantastic they could be on such a show together.

Here's Anne, me, and Aubrey on the set during a quiet moment. The set looked like a cozy knitting lounge. The only thing missing? Soy lattes, of course! That's my wedding shawl on my lap there. I got to talk about it on the show (wow! I got a speaking role!) and show it to the camera. Oh--and yes, they did put a little make-up on me, but it was tolerable. If you know me at all, you know that I'm pretty anti make-up, but I had to make some sacrifices, right?
Here's another shot of me on the Knitty Gritty couch with Anne showing off her fingerless gloves (her own pattern). Yes, that's me with a mic on. Wow!

This was our project--a knitted bridal veil. Here is the host, Vicki Howell with the guest Suss Cousins of Suss Designs. This was after we had wrapped, and they were being silly.

Finally, here's me with Vicki at the Craft table as she was dashing for a wardrobe change.

Some of the other knitters whose blog I read taped for Knitty Gritty, including Yarn Harlot and Marnie MacLean. Overall, it sounds like everyone had a great time. I know I did. (But I wouldn't want to do it everyday--that's for sure. I got SO tired.)

Look for the wedding themed show with Suss Cousins to air sometime late next year on DIY and HGTV. I hope I won't be too embarassed.

Carry on!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Libbycookie said...

It looks like so much fun. I thought we were going to have a viewing party?? Did anyone tape it? Next happy hour knit...? Happy Holidays, Brenda! xoxo

2:56 PM  
Blogger Thea said...

You are tagged.

So sorry Brenda. Ummmm, Merry Christmas!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always knew you were a star . . . I just didn't think it would be with knitting!! It was good to see you. Knit me something sexy . . . or not. besos

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home