Meowdemeow Knitting

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Craft Fairs and Babies

So, I went to Felt Club a few weeks ago. It seemed more like the movie Fight Club in that I had to almost battle my way through the aisles. My heart rate did climb, but it was because I almost had a panic attack due to the crowd. Don't get me wrong--it was still neat. But I could only manage to stay a few minutes before I just had to leave. I don't do well with crowds. This was the scene.

On the other hand, the next weekend I went to Bazaar Bizarre at the Shrine Auditorium. In conjunction with that craft fair, there was Swap-O-Rama-Rama. I had such a great time looking at what everyone had made. Plus, I picked up quite a few neato things at the Swap. The best thing about the Swap was that they had stations to redesign the clothes you picked up. I got one thing embroidered and two more shirts silkscreened. And seeing what people were doing with their sewing machines made me wish Christmas would hurry up and arrive so that I could get my brand new sewing machine! (More on that in future posts.)

The same weekend as Felt Club, I went to a baby shower for a co-worker who had twin boys. Here's my friend Elaine holding one of the babies. Ah...


And here's another of the party people holding one of the boys. He's wearing a hat I made (one for each of the babies). So adorable.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure I posted about these things before time got away from me.

2 Comments:

Blogger a desert rat... said...

The felt fight felt freaky so she flipped out! hehehehe Darling, the magnets are great and flatmate has sad nothing yet. Miss you! More blogs please! besos

2:50 AM  
Blogger Rochee said...

I read this a long time ago, but I never posted. So I'll do my best to get back into the blogging business now that things have settled *a little* :) Doesn't sound like the Felt Club will be a regular endeavor...

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home