Meowdemeow Knitting

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Holiday Crafting

Now that Christmas is officially over and most people have opened their presents from me, I can safely blog about what I made. First, we have the 150 magnets that we made! It's hard to tell in the picture, but we got super creative on these. (By we, I mean David and me. He really got into picking out the pictures, even finding a special Thor picture for his cousin Cliff.) I'm really pleased with how these turned out. Also, it was cool to be able to give people such individualized gifts (including a special X rated version for our friend Josh). I think we ended up giving out 23 sets. Wow! Thanks to the Supercrafty book for the instructions. Oh--and we started out using E-3000 (right name?), but the fumes and lingering stink afterward made me kinda sick. So, we switched to a non-toxic clear glue that seemed to work really well. Yea!


Next is the very pink accidently felted (not by me) wool sweater I picked up for Tiana at Salvation Army. All the felted accents are by me. At first, I just had three dots, all sold color. I played around with it and decided on this. Isn't it cute and just perfect for a 5 year old who lives in Denver? Needle felting is great fun. So far, I've found that I can make a cute cat toy in a matter of minutes. Now I'll have to turn my attention to felted accents on booties for Josh. Just you wait, Josh! (But these won't be X-rated.)


Finally, here is the lacey thing I worked on for the Knitty Gritty show. By making just a few alterations, I was able to turn it into this cool scarf/wrap thing for my mom. Excuse the picture of me in my pajamas.


And here's a dramatic close-up.


Next--Holiday pictures galore!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WhatWouldBetseyDo said...

Hi Brenda,

Well I gotta say the picture of the sweater with the felted flower and round spots looks WAY COOLER in real life than in the picture. I remember sitting at THE COFFEE TABLE watching you work on it - really pretty and fuzzy. Nice job.
~Hilda

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home