Meowdemeow Knitting

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

David Lynch and Donovan!

So, two Sundays ago (after Church of Craft), David and I trekked down to Hollywood via the Gold and Red Lines to see if we could score some stand-by seats for the David Lynch/Donovan event at the Kodak Theatre. This was the last stop on a three city tour they were doing to promote transcendental meditation. Hooray! We got in. And we also got to see the neat Kodak Theatre.

And here I am after the event in front of the poster. The David Lynch part was great. Laura Dern read him questions from the audience, he responded, and a man at the piano played brief improvised pieces to accompany the answer. Very cool. The Donovan set was also neat but more of a mixed bag. (There were some songs that neither David nor I could stand. Others were great.)



But just as a sidenote, when I hear American Idol contestants scream, "I'm going to Hollywood!" on the commercials, I just don't know if they realize what they're getting. Maybe I'm just spoiled that I can hop on a subway and go there anytime I like. Too bad we got out too late to eat Thai food. Next time...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger wally said...

hi miss brenda!

lovely layout for your blog. someone i know is jealous that you got to see david lynch. i've always been a fan of his cartoon "angry dog."

wally.

5:54 AM  
Blogger a desert rat... said...

Long Live BollyWood! I will visit you more often if you move to the other movie Capital of the world.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Rochee said...

neato fun time :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Rochee said...

Last Update: 1/31

Tsk tsk

I have pictures up (surprise)!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home