Meowdemeow Knitting

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Crusoe Sock, Church of Craft

I wanted to get at least one post in before we go to Stitch N' Pitch tonight. I'm not excited about the traffic or the parking or the racing to get there after work, but just sitting with other knitters (and poor David who neither watches sports nor does any needlecrafting, but he's being a good, um, sport about it) for a few hours sounds great. Plus, I've heard we get a cool Dodgers tote with knitting swag out of the deal.

Anyway, I'm still recovering from the horrible mystery illness. I basically feel okay, but now I'm getting comments that I look TOO thin (who would have thought?). But come on, I was bound to lose some weight because of it. Also, I still feel a little dizzy. But luckily I'm able to eat all the good food I want without any adverse reactions now.

Now, I know you're here for Church of Craft pictures from our meeting on Sunday. Here you go!

Here's Marilynn showcasing an awesome scrapbooking stamp.
And Grace working magic with paper. I must say that I have a pretty negative view of scrapbooking being all hearts and flowers, but Marilynn and Grace both went a long way to helping me see that it can be pretty much anything you want it to be.

Here I am working on my sock. Also pictured is the latte I probably shouldn't have gotten because I felt a little sick afterward. Ah well--it sure tasted good.

Here's Lisa (who models some great hats over at Sugarbutterbex's page) working on what she called "mail art." There's Marilynn again, too.

Not pictured: Lorelle (who was knitting up a very fetching ribbon short-sleeved top), Juanita (who was making up some neato crotched bags out of strips of plastic bags--trust me, they were cool!), and Joyce (who was madly cross-stitching a tattoo-like pattern that said "Mom").

All in all, we had a great time, and I can't wait to do it again. If anyone's reading this and isn't already signed up for the announcement list, just email me.

Finally, here's a better picture of one of my current projects that you saw a glimpse of above.

It is from Knitty, the Crusoe sock. As you can see, I'm finished with one and have already turned the heel on the second sock. It's a cool stranded pattern that's easy but not boring. Can I just say that I actually enjoy turning heels? I look forward to it. The only part I don't like is picking up the stitches at the gusset. But that doesn't last that long. The yarn is Sockotta, and I love it. I'm calling these socks Froot Loops because when David saw them, he said he felt a craving for that sugary cereal. Do you see the resemblance?

Posting now. I'll try to give more regular updates.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rochee said...

hooray for neato clubs and husbands who.....don't complain about being there lol.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take me out to the ball game . . .
Take me out to the crowd . . .
Buy me some needles and wool socks black . . .
I don't care if I ever knit sacks.
So it's root, root, root for the knitting fans if they don't finish it's good for the sheep. Cuz they always get the short end of the stick. Sorry I lost the rhyme and rhythm of that one. I will do better next time. Have fun! Give David a book to read.
besos
Josh

10:07 AM  
Blogger Libbycookie said...

So sorry to miss COC - next month! Your socks are perfection. I finally made it to Sugarbutterbex this week (love it), and have posted a photo of my first beautiful/ugly decoupauge creation... You should have an extra tamale at the Eagle Rock farmer's market tonight & fatten up a little. Hope to see you soon, Libby

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home