Meowdemeow Knitting

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Buddha and me-and some knitting



Well, obviously I'm going to have to get better at blogging in a regular and timely manner. Still, I'm excited about all of this--I just have a few kinks to work out. But first, some actual content.




This is a picture of me taken in Japan when I was there in March for work. My "partner in crime" David (not my husband David but the other staff member who was on the trip with me) and one of the 72 (!) MBA students took a half-day trip outside of Tokyo to Kamakura to see the great Daibutsu. It was a lovely day and very peaceful. (After all, going to see a huge Buddha couldn't be anything BUT peaceful, right?)











This is a picture of our two tour guides in Japan (the woman in green and the woman in red), two of the professors on the trip (the man with grey hair and the man with a burgundy shirt), David (again, not my husband David but the other staff), and me. This was taken right before we were leaving for the airport on our last day in Japan.












This is one of the many, many vending machines in Japan. See the red labels and the blue ones? The red stands for hot drinks (and they are wonderfully hot on a cold morning) while the blue stands for cold drinks (again, just what you want when the temperature rises). The simply marvelous thing? They coexist harmoniously in the same machine. Man--I miss the vending machines.

But anyway, in knitting content, I'm nearing completion of the baby koko kimono. One sleeve down, one to go. And I felted an iPod holder for David (this time my husband) over the long weekend. We'll see if it actually fits or if I'll have to adjust the number of stitches. Drat--the pictures I'm trying to share are not uploading properly. I'll put them up when I can. But without further delay, I'll go ahead and post this.

Happy Memorial Day!
Brenda

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your blog. Yours is the only blog I read.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! This is the only blog I read :) I am a pretty rapid reader of the Naruto forums though...

Very cool. I think this blog. I think I'll read it all the time ;D Can I sign up for it to email me when it gets updated?????

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've lost your bloody mind. But what do I know???

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home