Meowdemeow Knitting

Monday, June 05, 2006

Artwalk, Finished Knitting, Hot Hot Hot

At last, after some fiddling around, I finished the kimono for the baby shower. The ties gave me the worst trouble, and I think it's not as clean a finished product as the sweater I made for baby Aydan from the Yarn Harlot's Knitty pattern ("Snake Charmer"). Ah well--it's still cute!
And I was able to do this cute hat in just a couple of hours. It's the kind of pattern that can be adapted to just about any head size, so I might try it again. Can I just say once again that knitting for babies rocks? It's so gratifying--and so fast, too!


On Saturday night, David and I went to the Culver City Art Walk, where we saw many, many galleries and lots of art. Plus, we almost melted in the heat. And we managed to score two free medium pizzas from Pizza Hut because some guy took off with our order. Thanks, Culver city Pizza Hut!
Anyway, here I am in front of one of the galleries on La Cienega.
Here's a door I liked. No, it wasn't a door to an art gallery, but it was incredibly near some art galleries. Does that count? It's so wide and green, with the graffiti just so.
Here's David along Washington Blvd. with a "Lassie Come Home" sign post. It's a long story.
And here I am in front of one of the other galleries. Sorry--I don't know how to rotate my pictures in here yet, so you'll have to tilt your pretty little head.

I'm posting, I'm posting. I have to get the hang of this consistent blogging thing. Please be patient!

It's my bedtime.
Good night!
Brenda

4 Comments:

Blogger Rochee said...

Yeah, you updated! For some reason I'm enjoying this random ranting/raving outlet. Maybe it's because I know no one is reading it besides you... :D

COol door....grafiti really does add that extra...designers touch doesn't it? :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Rochee said...

Oh, and you'll have to rotate your pictures on their own...I don't think you can do it in the html alone...then again all things are possible with technology right?

10:35 AM  
Blogger Rochee said...

Sorrt for the random comments, but I don't think i can edit them...

Cute hat! And just a few hours?? Wow, i should take up knitting too!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Rochee said...

I want a hat

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home